- Remove about 2 inches (5cm) of the top layer soil and collect different locations’ soil samples at approximately 6 inches (15cm) deep.
- Thoroughly mix all collected soil. Ideally, dry the soil in the air or bake in an oven at 104˚F / 40˚C.
- Weigh out 20g of the mixed soil sample into a glass jar and add 100g of distilled or deionized water in it.
- Shake well for 5 minutes or use a magnetic stirrer to automatically stir for 15 minutes. Leave overnight.
- Shake or stir again next morning, then allow it to settle for 15-30 minutes.
- Then take the pH measurement of the soil slurry. Remember to thoroughly clean off the probe after test.
How test soil slurry's pH? Print
Modified on: Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 5:01 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.